TWI Preparing for 2020 Aeromat Conference
Several TWI personnel are preparing to attend the upcoming Aeromat conference in Palm Springs, California from 4-6 May, 2020.
The delegation from TWI will be led by Associate Director Dr Richard Freeman, who was the 2018 Aeromat Conference Chair.
Call for Abstracts
A call for abstracts for the 31st Aeromat Conference and Exposition has been made, with a submission deadline of 15th November, 2019.
Aeromat 2020 is accepting papers for the technical programme in relation to the implementation of new technologies into future designs and legacy platforms to leverage improved performance, cost and sustainability of aerospace structures and engines.
With a focus on innovative aerospace material and process developments, abstracts are currently being solicited for (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Emerging Materials and Processes
- Titanium Alloy Technology
- Light Alloy Technology
- Welding and Joining
- High Temperature Alloy Technology
- Modelling and Simulation of Manufacturing Processes
- In-Process and Post Process Inspection Techniques
- Integrated Computational Materials Engineering
- Space Materials and Applications
- Advanced Forming and Thermomechanical Processing
- Advances in Coatings and Surface Modification
- Failure Analysis of Aerospace Components
- Low Cost Manufacturing and Affordable Structures
- Composite Materials and Structures
- High Entropy Alloys and Applications
- Tribology and Wear of Aerospace Materials
- Machine Learning
- Metal Matrix Composites
- Materials and Processes for Environmental Compliance
Interested authors should submit abstracts of 300 words or less (in English) via the online abstract service.
TWI looks forward to seeing many of its customers and friends presenting and attending the event next May.
For any further details on the event, please contact Richard Freeman.